- Conference 2022
- Subject Champions
- News & Blog
5th International Water Efficiency Conference (#WATEFConf2018)
5th to 7th September 2018, Aveiro, Portugal
The Railway Station (reproduced under Creative Commons licence)
Please come and join us at our first international conference to be held in the beautiful city of Aveiro - the "Venice of Portugal". There will be plenty of opportunities for delegates to network during the conference itself and during the programme of social events which traditionally form a key part of any WATEF Conference. The delegate fees will include a drinks reception, a gala dinner and a special "mystery" excursion. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity - to find out more send us your abstract now.
The University of Aveiro at night (reproduced under Creative Commons licence)The city of Aveiro offers many attractions for the discerning visitor :
- its' unique pastel coloured Art Nouveau buildings which line the network of picturesque canals
- a sunset trip in a colourful Moliciero under the many hump backed bridges which form the canal network. The Moliciero was originally used to collect seaweed from the lagoon (Ria) which was then used to fertilise the agricultural fields surrounding the city. Water based activities have always helped the area to retain its economic viability (and importance) over the years.
- The city boasts many good hotels and restaurants and a bustling nightlife.
- Want to find out more - then please watch this space!
WATEF news and events
WATEF 2017 Events: In conjunction with our Technical Committees we have arranged the following events:
- "Creating the Digital Story of Water Sector Wholesale/Retail Separation" master class/ workshop to be held at Arup, London on 23rd November 2017. Further details available shortly.
PLEASE HOLD THE DATE - SPACES LIMITED. This is a FREE event
- Photos and reports on events which have taken place in July are available as follows: - Water Recycling and Reuse event - 27 July 2017; National Lift Tower site visit - 6 July 2017.
- BRE Study Trip - Flood Resilience Workshop will take place on 12th September 2017 followed by visit to the BRE Resilient House as featured on BBC's Countryfile . Stephen Garvin - Director of BRE's Centre of Reslience will be hosting a Workshop on Property Flood Resilience and after lunch we will have an opportunity to visit the BRE Resilient House and the BRE Innovation Park. Registration is now closed for this event please look out for our report in September's newsletter.
If you would like to propose ideas for WATEF events please e-mail us - all suggestions gratefully received.External news and events
Please remember to check out our news pages and send us any news you would like us to include.Blog and Social Media
Lastly please don't forget to join us on Linked-In or to follow us on Twitter(@WatefNetwork).