Visits to Rotterdam and AmsterdamDates:
Thursday 31 March to 2nd AprilDuration:
3days, 2 nights (4 day option available, additional costs apply. See below
£210.00 per person (Max. 20 people
)Day 1: AMSTERDAM TO ROTTERDAM
- Travel to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to arrive if possible by mid-morning. Then travel by train to Rotterdam (See Travel Information) Rotterdam map here
- Check in at Hotel IBIS Rotterdam City Centre
- PM Visits to [please click links for further information]:
Day 2: ROTTERDAM
DAY 3: AMSTERDAM
- Check out of Hotel
- Depart for Amsterdam and if needed, store luggage at Amsterdam Centraal station
- Then take Tram to visit Ijburg
- Lunch in Ijburg then free afternoon or bus tour in Amsterdam
- Or optional boat trip to NDSM to see container student residence, Feralda Crane Hotel etc.
- Collect luggage and return travel to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Delegates must notify us if they have any health or special needs prior to booking the trip as there will be a lot of physical activities involved. Also, all delegates are responsible for their own travel and/or health insurance.
Please note that there will be a lot of walking and outdoor activities during this trip. The Netherlands, like the UK, can be wet and windy so please bring comfortable walking shoes, spare socks and robust weather-proof clothing and outerwear. Umbrellas are not often effective but may be handy.Travel Information:
To/From UK to Amsterdam: There are direct flights to Amsterdam Schiphol airport from major airports around the UK. It is also possible to travel by train to Amsterdam. Routes and tickets can be found at: http://www.thetrainline-europe.com
. Please allow sufficient travel time to arrive
Travelling within the Netherlands: It is possible to purchase single tickets for all travel but this would be time consuming and expensive. Therefore, it is recommended to purchase an Anonymous OV-chipkaart
at Amsterdam Schiphol station. This costs €7.50 and is non-refundable but it is valid for 4-5 years so you can reuse for future trips.
Credit the OV-chipkaart with at least €70.00 when purchased. The outstanding credit will remain valid for the duration of the card but you can also request a refund when departing the country. There is a €2.50 administration charge for refunds if you wish to keep the card, and no fee if you choose to cancel/return the card.Hotel Information:
* Itinerary, schedule may change.
|| HOTEL IBIS ROTTERDAM
3011 WP - ROTTERDAM
Hotel is a short walk from Rotterdam Blaak station and is located on the canalside at Wijnhaven harbour. The Markthall is only a few minutes walk away from the hotel.
** The network is not responsible, and accountable for the content of external websites.
*** All participants are responsible for their own insurance and should make sure that it is adequate for the duration and activities of this trip.